Depending on your brief and budget, Acacia Designs will prepare a number of rooftop garden designs for you. The visual designs will include the features you have requested, these could include:
- Flooring: Wooden or composite decking, stone tiles or perhaps a faux grass lawn are considerations
- Seating: Built-in seating is ideal for gardens on the roof because they can withstand gusts of winds. Customers also like hammocks or fold up furniture which can be stored in a built-in cupboard to protect these from the elements
- Shade: If your roof is particularly sunny, consider shade from removable sun sails, built in structures or overhead planting
- Entertaining: Built-in barbecues are perfect for rooftop entertaining as is a small bar area are very appealing to clients
- Planting: Planting will be in containers or pots with waterproof linings. Architectural plants are a great choice for creating a stunning rooftop oasis
- Watering: An outside tap is a must for any rooftop garden with a built-in irrigation system
- Lighting: Clients intending to use their rooftop garden during the evening benefit for having a built-in lighting system. Lighting can be placed on the walls, on steps, or to highlight plants of interest. Festoon lights look particularly pretty and are becoming popular
- Painting: If you have an outside wall you could consider painting this a bright colour to add interest to the design
With all our designs, we take into consideration safety and drainage which will be incorporated into the plans.
Acacia Gardens is a garden design, landscaping and garden maintenance company. We work with residential clients throughout London. We are based in North London where the majority of our work naturally takes place. However, we do travel to Central London, North West London and further afield. We often undertake work in Finsbury Park, Crouch End, Muswell Hill, Alexandra Palace, Finchley, Palmers Green, Stoke Newington, Winchmore Hill and Wood Green.