Hardwood timber is from slow-growing broad-leaved trees such as Oak, Ash and Beech. It is more expensive than using softwood, but it has many benefits:
- Superior Appearance: A hardwood garden deck will look stunning, and you will instantly be able to notice if you use a superior timber. Hardwood is a warm, natural and beautiful material to use in your garden for decking.
- Strong, Tough and Durable: Hardwood will perform better than softwood because it is stronger, tougher and more durable.
- Weather Resistant: Hardwood timber is more resistant to harsh weather conditions such as rain and snow.
- Less Maintenance: Hardwood decking requires less maintenance than softwood decking. It is less inclined to scratch and can be sanded down and resealed should you need to do this. Hardwood will require oiling when installing and often every year. However, do ask your decking installer for full maintenance details of the wood you choose, so you are fully aware of any maintenance requirements.
- Longevity: Decking using hardwood boards can last up to forty years if adequately looked after. It is advisable to ask your decking installer how long the wood you choose is guaranteed to last.
- Environmentally Friendly: Having a wooden deck in your garden whether you are using hardwood or softwood is generally more environmentally friendly than using manufactured materials. Be mindful of the environment by choosing FSC certified boards so that you are assured the wood you are using comes from a well-managed forest.
Acacia Gardens is a garden design and landscaping company. We can design your decking to maximise your garden; this includes considering the size and shape of the decking. Whether you require platforms, steps, safety railings or seating. Our objective is to create an aesthetically pleasing deck which integrates seamlessly with your existing garden. We can incorporate lighting into the decking design, which is perfect for evening entertaining. Our skilled installers can guide you through the different types of materials, benefits and pricing. Please contact Acacia Gardens to discuss your hardwood decking requirements in North London and further afield.
Click here to contact Acacia Gardens to discuss your hardwood decking requirements.